Editor's Note: Cerritos-Artesia Patch is excited to have a booth at the fair all weekend long. Come by, meet your Patch staff and say hello! Our booth will have a professional facepainter and lots of Patch treats! For more information about the Patch booth, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
There's no better way to for a city to celebrate its 55th Birthday than with a party of epic proportions by way of the Cerritos Community Spring Festival.
The popular three-day event will take place at the at starting today, Friday, April 29 and ending on Sunday, May 1.
Residents, locals and families are invited to join the fun by participating in a variety of activities including food and game booths, rides, entertainment, a display of artwork made from recycled items, and the always highly-anticipated fireworks show.
For those wanting to learn more about Cerritos' many services, city department representatives will be on hand to answer questions during the Town Hall display from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday.
Car enthusiasts will love the Classic Car Show from noon to 4 p.m. on Saturday, when a variety of classic makes and models will be featured on the festival grounds.
Festival-goers should also plan to stay late Saturday to catch the ever-popular and always impressive fireworks show starting at 8 p.m.
A plethora of local entertainment will also be showcased on the Main Stage throughout the weekend, including the Spring Dance Recital starting at 4 p.m. on Sunday.
And of course, what is a festival without good food? Community organizations and local eateries will have booths offering tasty food samples and treats for a nominal fee in the Taste of Cerritos area.
And just added to the fair lineup is the Food Truck Rally scheduled from noon to 6 p.m on Sunday. Some of the "meals on wheels" will include:
- Ahnjoo, Korean Inspired Food
- Chunk-N-Chip, Artisian Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Don Chow Taco, Mexican/Chinese Fusian
- Dosa, Indian Crepe
- Frysmith, Gourmet French Fries
- Greenz On Wheels, Salads, Panini Sandwiches
- Lee's Philly, Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
- Rajin Cajun, Cajun Classics
- Tapa Boy, Filipino Breakfast Food
- The Bakery Truck, Freshly Baked Treats
Admittance to the festivities are free, although certain attractions and activities require a nominal fee.
The festival hours are as follows:
- Friday, April 29, 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday, April 30, noon to 10 p.m.
- Sunday, May 1, noon to 9 p.m.
Carnival ride prices are:
- All Day Ride Wristband - $25
- 24 Ticket Coupon Book - $20
- Individual Tickets - $1
For more information on the festival, call the City’s Recreation Services Division at (562) 916-1254. If you are interested in volunteering for the event, please call Heritage Park at (562) 916-8570.
* For a list of the festival hours, fees and schedule download and print the City's festival flyer in our image carousel.