Wendy’s Super Easy Super Bowl Guacamole
- 1 bag of ripe avocados (4) from
- 1 container of fresh salsa from Trader Joe’s (spiciness dependent on your taste)
- 1 – 3 large cloves of garlic pressed or finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
- Peel and pit avocados.
- Mash the avocados in a non-metal bowl (if one or more of them seems a wee bit under ripe, chop that/those instead of mashing).
- Drain the fresh salsa well and add it to the mashed avocados.
- Add the pressed or chopped garlic and the cumin.
- Mix well, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
Buffalo Wing Me
Ingredients for Wings:
Ingredients for Sauce:
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Place chicken wings in a large bowl and sprinkle flour mixture over them until they are evenly coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1.5 - 2 hours.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place wings on the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400F for 40 minutes, turning once.
- Broil for 2 minutes, turning once.
- Toss with Sauce.
- Sauce: Combine butter, hot sauce, pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl and microwave until melted.
- Stir for a couple of minutes to blend evenly.
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
(adapted from Rachael Ray)- serves 8
- 2 pounds ground white meat chicken
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or finely chopped
- 1 cup cilantro or parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 3 scallions, green and white parts thinly sliced
- Store-bought, good quality bleu cheese dressing for dipping
- 1 bag pre-cut celery sticks
- 1 bag pre-cut carrot sticks
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken with the onion, garlic and cilantro or parsley, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Shape the chicken mixture into balls- should have 32 meatballs in total.
- Arrange the meatballs on a wire rack on a foil-covered sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake until the meatballs are cooked through and golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
- While the meatballs are baking, melt the butter in a large, flat-bottomed pan over medium heat.
- Add the hot sauce and whisk to combine.
- In the pan, toss the baked meatballs in the hot sauce to coat (you may do this in batches) and transfer to a serving platter.
- Place the bleu cheese dressing in a small serving bowl and garnish with chopped scallions.
- Serve the meatballs with toothpicks (I recommend red, white and blue for Pats’ colors) alongside the bleu cheese dressing, celery and carrot sticks.
Easy Refried Bean Dip
(from Natick Patch)
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 jar mild salsa (about 15 oz.)
- 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 pint sour cream
- Preheat oven to bake at 375 degrees.
- Mix refried beans, salsa, sour cream and 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Spread mixture in a 13 by 19-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining half cup of cheddar cheese over the top of the dish.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Make Your Own Patriot “Scooper Bowl Sundaes”
(as suggested by Brookeline Patch)
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream
- 1 pint blueberry frozen yogurt or ice cream
- Various Patriot-colored toppings for the health-conscious (blueberries and sliced strawberries, shredded coconut)
- Various Patriot-colored toppings for the indulgers (Red Hots; blue and white M-n-M’s; blue and white sprinkles)
- Whipped cream
- Make sure to take ice cream/frozen yogurt out of freezer 15 minutes before serving so it is soft enough to easily scoop.
- Put toppings in wide-mouthed bowls or containers for easy access.
- Make sure you have enough scoops/spoons for everything.
- Enjoy devouring a GIANT sundae while watching the Giants get devoured!