With much of the news dedicated to the capture of suspected murderer Christopher Dorner this week, and the funerals and memorials of his victims, there were also many important stories local to the Sierra Madre area this week. Just in case you missed them this week, here are our Top Five stories.
- While the Southland's eyes were glued to the television during the violent shootout between police and Dorner in the San Bernardino mountains, a woman believed to be the suspected murderer's mother was spotted at a nearby La Palma restaurant.
- The newly-formed Cerritos Sheriff's Station Residential Burglary Team scores another early victory with the arrest of a man suspected of breaking into a Cerritos home on Monday.
- A Cerritos resident, who also happens to be a doctor, is on a mission to help those in need in Cambodia.
- Sheriff's deputies are still searching for three men who broke into a home in nearby Lakewood armed with guns. The three are also believed to be linked to a car-to-car shooting that happened nearby.
- Check out a snapshot of recent crimes in the city of Cerritos.