There were many important stories local to the Cerritos-Artesia area this week. But just in case you missed them, here are our Top Five stories.
- Hall of Fame Dallas Cowboy quarterback, Troy Aikman, returns to his roots and is honored as Cerritos' Hometown Hero.
- Motorists take note of these nearby DUI checkpoints set to take place this month.
- The city of Cerritos sales tax revenue shows growth in late 2012, improvement attributed to sales at the Cerritos Auto Square, local shopping centers and eateries.
- Sequestrations looks to have a major impact on Cerritos-based businesses -- see a list of the businesses likely to take a hit.
- Know of a business arriving or leaving town? Let us know in this edition of Sprouts and Shutters.