* Editor's Note: This article will be updated continuously throughout the day.
- 5:45 p.m.: My Macbook Pro died in the last hour of the Expo, mostly because we shared the Patch page with so many new subscribers! So if anything, it was an awesome reason to have a dead battery :) The Expo was a great success, especially considering it was the first one for the City of Artesia. My last interview of the day was Sug Kitahara, Executive Director of the Chamber, and he mentioned that the Chamber has a lot of exciting plans for the future. So stay tuned for some fun, cutting edge stuff coming out of Artesia! And for those who are interested in joining the Artesia Chamber, make sure to visit their official website and "like" their Facebook fan page for all the latest news and updates. And don't forget to visit Cerritos-Artesia Patch in the coming days to check out our video recap of the Artesia Business Expo, including interviews and photos, and possibly some footage of me learning how to do "The Dougie." OK, actually TRYING to do "The Dougie". Hahahaha! Until next time Patchers, enjoy the rest of your weekend ... Ciao!
- 2:35 p.m.: The Ace of Faces has painted a ton of faces today, which means there are lots of happy kids wandering around with one-of-kind art on their smiling faces. Just 90 more minutes till the first Artesia Business Expo ends, hope to see you here!
- 1:50 p.m.: Watching the Savithri Arts Academy perform classical Indian dances on stage. Such a beautiful culture and I love the colorful attire! I hope to visit India one of these days, I think it would be an amazing trip.
- 1:20 p.m.: WOO HOO!!! Just learned how to do the "Dougie" from the awesome youth dance group "Q Minor" at in Artesia. Ok let me clarify I "tried" to do the Dougie :) I'm getting old!!!
- 1 p.m.: Just interviewed Artesia Mayor Victor Manalo, who gave the audience a treat when he sang during his speech on stage. *AWESOME* Mayor Manalo couldn't be prouder about today's turnout and urges everyone to come out and enjoy the festivities!
- 12 p.m.: Our face painter is here and he has already hooked up about four people! Come by and see us and visit our Cerritos-Artesia Patch Facebook page for more photos and updates! (P.S. just posted a pic of me and the new Patch hat, check it out!)
- 10:40 a.m.: Southern California never fails to amaze me with its beautiful weather! It's the perfect day for the and the Cerritos-Artesia Patch booth is located right next to the entertainment stage at City Plaza in Artesia. We'll be here today until 4 p.m. spreading the Patch word, so please tell your friends to drop by and see us, we've already got several sign-ups for our daily newsletter and have given away some Patch goodies! And make sure you visit between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. when artist extraordinaire Ace of Faces will be here doing face painting for kids!