With roughly 1.1 million people visiting the each year, this titanium-clad city jewel has earned a stellar reputation for its futuristic design, world-class customer service and cutting edge services and features.
City Librarian Don Buckley tells Patch that the library currently has about 22,000 members/cardholders and roughly 3,000 people walk through the library's doors each day.
With such consistent pedestrian popularity, have you ever wondered what make our local library members tick?
We've gathered a list of the most checked out items from the Cerritos Library in 2011:
- Now You See Her
by James Patterson, 1947
- Cro-Magnon: How the Ice Age Gave Birth to The First Modern Humans
by Brian M. Fagan, 2010
Young Adult Fiction
by Suzanne Collins, 2010
- The Giant Diamond Robbery
by Gerónimo Stilton, 2011
Children’s Picture Book
- Dora Saves Mermaid Kingdom
by Michael Teitelbaum, 2007
Children’s Easy Reader
- Princess Polly and The Pony
by Susanna Davidson, 2007
- Ripley's Believe It or Not!
Feature Movie DVD
- High School Musical
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, 2010
- The Vampire Diaries -- original television soundtrack
Virgin Records/EMI, 2010
HOW TO GET A LIBRARY CARD
(This information is provided on the Cerritos Library website.)
A Cerritos library card is available for free to:
- anyone who lives or owns property within the city of Cerritos
- citizens who attend school in Cerritos, work in Cerritos, work for the ABC School District
- anyone who is an employee or student at Cerritos College, Irvine University or attends any ABC Unified School District school
Those who do not qualify for a free library card may purchase a card for $100 a year.
To obtain or renew a Cerritos library card, the following information is required:
- Valid California Driver's License with Current Address OR
- Valid California I.D. Card with Current Address AND
- Proof of age for minors and a photocopy of parent's orguardian's California Driver's License,
- Proof of age may be in the form of a certified copy of a birth record or a statement by the local
registrar or a county recorder certifying the date of birth, or a baptism certificate duly attested,
- or a passport, or, when none of the foregoing is obtainable, an affidavit of the parent, guardian
- or custodian of the minor.
In addition one of the following forms of identification is required:
- Utility Bill (postmarked within 60 days)
- Rent Receipt, Escrow Papers or Property Tax Bill (postmarked within 60 days)
- Credit Card statement or Bank statement (postmarked within 60 days)
For more information, contact the Cerritos Library directly at (562) 916-1350.
The library is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.