October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and whether you love to shop, attend events, walk or run, there are tons of different ways to support the cause. Check out the list below of opportunities to go pink in Cerritos, Artesia and beyond:
Treasure your chest! Aerie will donate $1 to Bright Pink for every bra sold September 29 - October 6 up to $50,000. Bright Pink is a non-profit organization dedicated to the prevention & early detection of breast & ovarian cancer in young women. Learn more about aeirie & Bright Pink.
"Cache for the Cause" supports the Breast Cancer Reserach Foundation (BCRF). A portion of proceeds from their limited -edition merchandise goes to finding a cure. For every BCRF Keychain purchased $10 is donate, BCRF Scarf $15 is donate, and BCRF Long-sleeve T-Shirt $20 is donated. Shop today and be part of the fight!
CARLTON HAIR & REGIS SALON
Ten percent (10%) of net proceeds from the sale of private label products, including customer favorites like DESIGNLINE®, Cost Cutters Professional and MasterCuts’ MC line, is donated to the Regis Foundation for Breast Cancer Reserch during the month of October. Limited-edition pink products, including $1 Breast Cancer Awareness magnets, are available for purchase throughout September and October. Learn more at www.clipforthecure.org. Plus, be part of the Clip for the Cure on Saturday, October 13!
During the month of October, Coach will donate 20% of the purchase of select items to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. See store for details.
Show your support for breast cancer research with an exclusive limited-edition Sparkling Pink 2012 watch. GUESS will contribute $10.00 from the sale of each watch to Susan G. Komen for the Cure ®.
LAZY DOG CAFE
Bark for the Cure t-shirts available for $15. Proceeds to support the fight against breast cancer. Available for a limited time, while supplies last.
Be part of the Frill Seekers event on October 19 & 20. Treat yourself to the hottest lingerie of the season and find your perfect, personalized fit with the help of your own in-store stylist. Visit your favorite Cosmetic counter to learn more. For every bra purchased from a participating brand at Nordstrom Frill Seekers events, $2 is donated to Susan G. Komen for the Cure®. In 2012, Nordstrom is proud to make a combined minimum contribution of $200,000 to Komen for the Cure® through these events and select Komen Race for the Cure sponsorships.
Here are some great products available at Nordstrom that support the cause:
- Clinique 'Great Skin Great Cause' Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion: It's simple and meaningful, use Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion and aid in raising breast cancer awareness. $10 from this purchase will be donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation®, founded by Evelyn H. Lauder and dedicated to preventing breast cancer and finding a cure by funding clinical and translational research worldwide.
- Clinique 'Pink with a Purpose' Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Color Balm Set: Color yourself with a purpose and raise breast cancer awareness. The Pink with a Purpose Set features a limited-edition Breast Cancer Awareness exclusive shade of Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Color Balm in Plumped Up Pink. $3 from this purchase will be donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation®.
- Movado 'Bold' Round Leather Strap Watch (Special Edition - Breast Cancer Awareness): Hot contrast stitching matches the bold 12 o'clock inset on a sleekly styled watch framed with a lustrous bezel and set on a smooth leather strap.Part of the proceeds from the sale of this watch will be given to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation® to fund research into treatment for breast cancer.
- Essie 'Breast Cancer Awareness Collection' Nail Polish: One in eight women will battle breast cancer in her lifetime. More than just a staggering statistic, they are mothers, sisters, daughters and friends. Every year, Essie does their part to keep the focus on finding the cure. The Breast Cancer Awareness Collection of pretty pinks is more than hope in a jar, it's money in the bank. With every purchase, a portion of the proceeds goes to battling breast cancer. Availabe in three colors: Check Up, I Am Strong and We're In It Together.
- Promise Me Eau de Parfum: Promise Me is an alluring floriental fragrance, combining classic elegance with a modern twist. Each bottle contains a distinctive Promise Me scented bracelet gift with purchase, including additional information on the donation and the cause.
THE PINK SHOP AT MACY'S
The Pink Shop at Macy's gives back to causes devoted to awareness, education and research in the fight against breast cancer, and we think that's pretty powerful. Shop the collection.
TRUE RELIGION BRAND JEANS
True Religion is pleased to once again partner with Susan G. Komen For The Cure for Breast Cancer Awareness month. For the entire month of October, True Religion will offer our customers the opportunity to purchase our popular Serena jean in Komen Pink. 10% of the proceeds from the sale of the Serena jean legging will be donated to the foundation with a minimum donation of $25,000.
WHITE HOUSE BLACK MARKET
Presents the Give Hope Collection. $10 from the sale of each Give Hope bracelet and $20 from the sale of every Give Hope tee will be donated to Living Beyond Breast Cancer. Plus, on Thursday, October 4 save %15 off all full-priced merchandise and a portion of the day's proceeds will be donated to Living Beyond Breast Cancer.
Other Ways to Spread Breast Cancer Awareness This Month
There are even more ways to spread breast cancer awareness this month by supporting national organizations that are fighting for a cure.
Research centers like Susan G. Komen for the Cure are selling pink ribbon merchandise and it’s a twofer — retail therapy and donating to a cause that affects millions.
You can also support breast cancer research by affixing a special stamp to your mail. The U.S. Postal Service has been selling a stamp commemorating breast cancer awareness for the past 15 years. The agency has raised $75 million so far for research programs at the National Institutes of Health and the Department of Defense.
The American Cancer Society’s annual Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk is organized nationwide and so far more than 8 million people have walked for this cause and raised about $460 million.
TELL US: Is there a special event you participate in to support breast cancer research? Share your stories and thoughts with us by adding them to the comments sections of this article. Also, be sure to add photos of you and your friends supporting the cause to the photo gallery above.