After a 3.7 earthquake hit near Marina del Rey Tuesday morning, Los Angeles County Officials are reminding people to take the necessary steps to prepare for the "Big One" and other natural disasters.
- The Los Angeles Fire Department prepares volunteers to be part of a Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)—classes are now ongoing. Better to be prepared than panic.
- The Red Cross details the basic items to put into an emergency preparedness kit and has its own store that sells such kits.
- The county also has a registry to facilitate response times in an emergency for residents with special needs.
- The L.A. Emergency Survival Guide is available in a dozen different langugaes.
- Residents may also dial 211 for emergency preparedness information or visit 211la.org