It’s lighter, thinner and beautifully crafted of glass and aluminum. After lots of buzzing rumors and much anticipated hype, the new iPhone 5 is here, TechCrunch reports.
Apple, Inc. (AAPL) debuted its latest smart phone, featuring a 4-inch screen, which is 20 percent lighter and 18 percent thinner than its predecessor, the iPhone 4s.
Pre-orders for the iPhone 5 begins this Friday, Sept. 14 and Apple stores will sell the device a week later on Sept. 21.
Cerritos and Artesia locals can purchase the new device at the Apple store at located at 239 Los Cerritos Center, Cerritos, CA 90703, (562) 356-1555.
iPhone 5 Specs
Tech reporters have already been reviewing the smart phone and some highlights include:
- A 4-inch screen with highly sensitive touch sensors
- More networks: Runs with Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T’s LTE networks
- Longer battery life: 8 hours of 3G talk time and 8 hours of 3G and LTE web browsing
- Three microphones in the mix: one on the front, one on the back, and another on the bottom
- New mini Dock Connector “Lightnin”: it’s digital and has eight pins
- Camera: 40 percent faster image capturing, will support panoramic photos and shared photo streams
Are you impressed by the iPhone 5? What are your favorite features? Or do you think it’s too similar to the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s? Is there enough of a difference for you to make the upgrade? Let us know in the comments.