According to the Centers for Disease Control, the flu can include the following symptoms: fever, chills, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, coughing, muscle or body aches, headaches, fatigue and, in kids especially, vomiting and diarrhea.
The Influenza vaccine is now recommended for everyone, except for infants under six months of age, because immunity from the vaccination declines over time. However, certain groups should be vaccinated because they have a greater risk of developing complications should they get the flu.
These groups are:
- Pregnant women;
- Children younger than five;
- Adults 50 years of age and older;
- People of any age with chronic medical conditions such as heart disease or diabetes;
- People who live in nursing homes or long-term care facilities;
- People who live with or care for those at high-risk for complications from the flu, including health care and day care workers.
Flu Shots Available in Cerritos and Artesia
You can get your flu shot (or spray) at any of the following drugstores or clinics in the Cerritos and Artesia area. Note that some locations may vary on availability of flu shot, so call ahead to ensure hours, pricing, and insurance options.
- , 11525 South St, Cerritos, CA 90703. (562) 924-0542. $25/shot without insurance. Walk-ins welcomed, Mon to Fri from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- , 20200 Bloomfield Ave., Cerritos. (562) 860-9909. $25/shot without insurance. Walk-ins welcomed, Mon to Fri from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- , 13303 South St., Cerritos. (562) 860-7783. $29.99/shot without insurance. Walk-ins welcomed Mon to Fri from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- , 11851 Artesia Blvd., Artesia. (562) 924-7697. $29.99/shot without insurance. Walk-ins welcomed Mon to Fri from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- , 11800 Artesia Blvd., Artesia. (562) 924-2486. $31.99/shot without insurance. Walk-ins welcomed Mon to Fri from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
(* Please note: at the Cerritos Towne Center is no longer offering flu shots.)
Home Remedies to Help You Battle the Bug
for a list of quick and easy home remedies when battling the flu or cold.