There were many important stories local to the Cerritos-Artesia area this week. But just in case you missed them, here are our Top Five stories.
1. The Cerritos Sheriff's Station's Residential Burglary Team has logged 18 arrests since its inception in late January. Here's a list of the recent arrests and cases they're currently investigating.
2. Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputies and federal agents gathered at Cerritos Regional Park on Friday as part of `Operation No Laughing Matter,' -- a multi-city operation targeting local businesses that sell nitrous oxide as a recreational drug. Cerritos' BPG Performance was one of the businesses that was raided.
3. 2012 Cerritos Auto Square sales jumped nearly 26 percent compared to cars sold in 2011.
4. Kennedy Elementary School in Artesia was placed on lockdown as Cerritos Sheriff's deputies searched for a residential burglary suspect.
5. Residential burglaries in Cerritos continue to be a problem -- one break-in last week took place while the resident was upstairs. Another burglary was discovered when a resident came home and found his place ransacked.