Friends, family, and fireworks - some of our favorite memories were made by partying park-side on 4th of July. Don't let a little thing like sunburn or bugs ruin your weekend. Use this list to ensure you have a happy holiday:
Food and Drinks
- Food Covers and Containers: Ants and other pests are a pain for any picnic. Make sure to bring your food and drinks in containers that will keep all unwanted visitors away.
- Snacks: No time (or willingness) to cook? Use this guide and visit that local eatery that you've been dying to try!
- Sunblock: Fun in the sun can be cut short by a simple sunburn. Take care of your skin and apply sunblock with a minimum of 30spf.
- Sunglasses: Even if you apply plenty of sunblock, your eyes are still at risk. Sunglasses not only keep you looking fly, but it also keeps your eyes protected from harsh light and UV rays.
- Canopy/Umbrella: Parks and other public places are particularly crowded on this holiday and shady places may be difficult to find. Bring your own shelter from the sun with a canopy or beach umbrella.
- Picnic Blanket: Parks are usually packed on this holiday and seating my be scarce. Bring a blanket to sit on and have yourself a proper picnic.
- Spare Blankets: Hot July days can get a little chilly at night. A spare blanket or two can be kept in your car just in case you get cold while watching the fireworks.
- Music: Set a merry mood with some music. A boombox, an instrument, or other musical device can provided the perfect soundtrack to your holiday weekend.
For the Kids (and The Kids at Heart)
- Games: Water guns and water balloons are a fun way to play, relax, and cool off this weekend. and try a new twist to an old favorite.
- Bubbles: Whimsical and entertaining at any age, bubbles are a beautiful way to enjoy the holiday.
- Wheels: Bring your bikes, trikes, and unicycles and enjoy the view and cool breeze as your tour around town. You can do this on your own or make it fun for the whole family.
Have your picnic bag all packed but with no where to go? Check out these .