During the ABC School Board's second meeting in October, the body went over the State and Federal Accountability Report. Presented by Board Administrator, Valencia Mayfield, the report gives insight into how the school pairs up with state and national standards of education.
Every school receives an accountability report, which includes California Standards Test (CST), the California Modified Assessment (CMA), California Alternative Performance Assessment (CAPA) and the California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE).
According to Mayfield, the ABC Unified School District currently exceeds the State Target API of 800.
"We no longer have any school of an API in the 600 range," Valencia said.
"There continues to be a growth for each of those subgroups," Valencia said.
- Also related:
- The board approved a resolution regarding board member Armin Reyes' Call to Active Military Duty. Reyes' leave of absence has been extended through the new year for six months.
- U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan named Gonsalvez Elementary a Blue Ribbon school.
- The ABC Unified School District released its State of the District Budget Fact Sheet. Information includes:
- Proposition 30: Schools and Local Public Safety Protection Act - a ballot initiative sponsored by Governor Jerry Brown. It aims to raise approximately $6,000,000,000 in new taxes to balance the State Budget.
- How much funding was cut from education and ABCUSD? In the last four years, the State cut education funding by $8,000,000,000. For ABCUSD, the cut was approximately $30,000,000.
The next regularly scheduled meeting will be held on Nov. 13.