Cerritos' very own Frontier Youth Baseball’s (FYB) inaugural season last year was a huge success, but now the league is looking for boys and girls ages 4 to 15 with a passion for baseball to sign up for the upcoming 2012 Spring Season.
Formed out of necessity by a group of parents who wanted to give their kids a fun-filled baseball experience, the organization teamed up with the city of Cerritos to start a brand new league. Last spring, FYB's seven-division program was comprised of 225 total kids. This year FYB is still keeping the same number of divisions but would like to see its participants grow to well over 300 players. With a simple and easy online registration at www.frontierbaseball.org, they hope that more Cerritos residents and neighbors in nearby cities will have the same passion for baseball and want to join their “family.”
Frontier’s “family and players first” attitude was their model through their first season where much focus was placed on player development, competition, and fun. With the league being smaller and having this family focus in mind, players received a lot of personal instruction to help them sharpen their skills and make for a better overall experience.
“We wanted to build an organization that would last for a long time not only for the time when our kids are playing,” said Vice President and Coach Gene Luevano. “Our first year was a learning curve for our coaches, players, and parents but with that experience I expect great things for this year.”
FYB is a member of Ripken Baseball and Babe Ruth Baseball -- elite leagues that have more than 650,000 young athletes that compete in baseball worldwide. FYB games take place in Cerritos or in nearby cities, but also offers an opportunity for some its high skilled players to participate in post season All-Star tournaments if desired. Compared to other leagues, FYB is moderately priced.
Additional Info For Interested Parents
- Registration is easy and online at www.frontierbaseball.org or by calling (562) 295-8102
- Season fees based on age: $100 (ages 4-5), $125 (ages 6-7), $150 (ages 8-12), $175 (ages 13-15).
- Register by Dec. 12, 2011 and save $20 per player
- $25 sibling discount for family’s with more than one player
- Parent Information Meeting to be held on Monday, Dec. 12, 2011 at in the Washington room located at 19211 Studebaker Rd. in Cerritos.
- Step by step registration instructions and computers will be available at Parent Information Meeting.
- Registration will continue until Opening Day of the season on March 3, 2012.