The City of Cerritos will host one of the best fireworks displays in Southern California on July 4th at Cerritos High School, 12500 E. 183rd St., starting at 9 p.m. However, locals sometimes find themselves out of town, maybe visiting family or friends. But they still want to see the rockets red glare at a public fireworks show.
One of those nearby fireworks shows is the 25th Annual 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular at the Los Alamitos Joint Forces Training Base, 11200 Lexington Drive, with a second entrance on Orangewood Avenue off of Los Alamitos Boulevard. Gates open at 4 p.m. for live music, food vendors, military aircraft flyovers, giveaways, and a Kids Fun Zone, with the grand finale fireworks display beginning at 9 p.m.
Here are some other July 4th firework displays taking place in Los Angeles County this year. All shows begin at 9 p.m., except where noted:
- Antelope Valley Fairgrounds, 2551 W. Avenue H, Lancaster (9:30 p.m.)
- Barnes Park, 350 S. McPherrin Ave., Monterey Park
- Cabrillo Beach, 3800 Stephen M. White Drive, San Pedro
- Calabasas High School, 22855 Mulholland Highway, Calabasas
- Crescenta Valley High School, 2900 Community Ave., La Crescenta
- Fairplex, 1101 W. McKinley Ave., Pomona
- Friendly Hills Country Club, 8500 Villa Verde Dr., Whittier
- Hansen Dam Recreation Center, 11770 Foothill Blvd., Lake View Terrace
- Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, 3911 S. Figueroa St.
- Lorbeer Middle School, 501 Diamond Bar Blvd., Diamond Bar
- Meller Elementary School, 6016 Rosemead Blvd., Pico Rivera
- Palisades Charter High School, 15777 Bowdoin St., Pacific Palisades
- Rosemead Park, 9200 Mission Ave., Rosemead
- Rosewood Park, 5600 Harbor St., Commerce
- Rowley Park, 13220 S. Van Ness Ave., Gardena
- Shepherd of the Hills Church, 19700 Rinaldi St., Porter Ranch
- Sierra Vista High School, 3600 Frazier St., Baldwin Park
- South El Monte High School, 1001 N. Durfee Ave., South El Monte
- South Gate Park, 9615 Pinehurst Ave., South Gate
- Walnut High School, 21201 La Puente Road, Walnut
- Warner Ranch Park, 21820 Califa St., Woodland Hills
City News Service contributed to this story.